Join our weeklong #Fast4Power starting Saturday, January 14th!
As we settle into the new year, a new political reality that threatens the safety of Black and Brown families and communities is taking shape. Many have been in a variety of conversations that range from despair to anger to rage.
But as people of faith and people of conscience, we cannot be discouraged. Now is the time that we must band together to create the power that is needed not only to protect each other, but also to move forward an affirmative agenda toward our collective liberation.
We’ve got a huge fight ahead of us, a fight that will require clarity, strength and power. We won’t win unless we’re ready.
On Saturday, January 14th, we will begin a 7-day #Fast4Power to fortify our spirits, strengthen our resolve and prepare our minds, bodies and souls for the work ahead. We invite you to join us.
Together, we will build the strength needed to meet physical and political force with a spiritual force committed to human flourishing not impoverishment — a force rooted in love not rage, and in possibility not despair.
Here’s how it works:
- Make your commitment to join us. Pledge with your photo or fill out the form below.
- Join our national call on January 11th at 12:30pm EST to get all of the information you need to prepare to #Fast4Power and to receive blessings for your journey. Reserve your spot here.
- Decide how you will fast. If you’re able, we ask that you abstain from consuming all foods and beverages, except for water, from sunup to sundown. If you have a health issue or other condition that requires you to eat more regularly, you may consider doing a partial fast where you give up a particular type of food or an activity, such as watching television. The point is to give up something you use daily to sustain you, and to rely on your spirit for sustenance instead.
- Feed your soul with daily emails and 15-minute virtual (video) gatherings intended to help guide our collective journey towards strength, clarity and vision. Each day will focus on a different phase of our transformation: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT, COMMUNITY, SOLIDARITY, VISION and POWER. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram to connect with others around the country who are fasting for power.
- Share your vision. Create a 30-60 second video describing the world you’re fighting for, then post it on social media using the hashtag #Fast4Power.
This promises to be a transformative experience and we’d love to be in it with you. Make your commitment to join by signing our pledge on Pictition or by filling out the form below.